Sunday, May 3, 2009

West Hancock Prom 2009












I'm very proud of the juniors and seniors at this school.....not only did they look marvelous, they behaved themselves. I remember my junior prom.......enough said.







About the dates....Christopher took his gorgeous neighbor, Melissa, and although they weren't boyfriend/girlfriend, and Christopher was seeing someone else....they looked great together and had a blast! Christopher has a "new" girlfriend, but being the gentleman he is, he still took his neighbor. What a guy! Of course, he hooked up with his new girlfriend after prom.

Christopher's brother, Josh, took his "ex" girlfriend. (Josh is Christopher's step-brother), and decided to finish school in Britt, having gone his entire life in Buffalo Center. He graduates in three weeks, the reception will be at my mom's in her infamous garage, so we've been preparing for that. I'm very proud of my niece, Kristie, for teaching those kids morals. (of course, we all know where she got it!)
It was a beautiful weekend, so I was able to get tons of work done. We have our city wide clean up this week, so I put my "treasures" out this morning and half of it is gone! People come from out of town to scrap what they can. I also helped my mom and my sister, Linda.

I also took up the carpet in my dining area and installed the (cheap) laminate flooring which had some challenges. It was cheap so didn't "snap" in as easy as the directions indicated. Lesson learned. BUT.....when I pulled the carpet back in the living room to add the final boards, I made a HUGE discovery! I have hard wood floors!!!! Unfortunately, not in the kitchen/dining area. My carpet is pretty decent so I don't have plans to pull it up, but it's nice to have options! Maybe I'll post some pictures once I get my camera back from work.
Looks like the next three weeks will be crazy .....but I love it! I have been invited to 6 graduations this year! I also leave for California May 23.....and no, the swine flu doesn't freak me out.....much.




2 comments:

  1. Wow! I remember (not so long ago) when Christopher was born! Great pictures, and I love that you are blogging!
    We're also busy. Jake is graduating, and we have three weddings in the next few weeks. Zach and Wyatt are playing Little League ball, so we'll probably be seeing a few games.
    Wyatt has decided that he is a Twins fan. Around here, you're either a Cub fan, or Cardinal fan. I can't imagine how he has come to be a Twins fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and what a nice surprise! Hardwood flooring is the absolute best there is in my opinion! I love hardwood floors!

    ReplyDelete