Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Success following Gastric Bypass

I had my three month check-up last week and much to my surprise, I've lost 85 pounds! There have been pros and cons with this surgery, but I would have to say the pros certainly outweigh the cons. First, the cons. I have lost some hair, but I was blessed with thick hair so it's not "that" much of a change. I've also lost some strength. I'm normally very independent when it comes to moving furniture, etc., but now, I have to call for help. (Maybe being over 50 has something to do with it!!!). The "best" con....I have trouble staying in clothes!!!!

The pros....easy. The most obvious, my appearance! I no longer take my blood pressure medication nor cholesterol pills! I take arthritis pills as needed, not every day. I get tons of compliments.....who doesn't like to hear that!!! I have so much energy! My goal.....find my "knight in shining armor"....heck, I'll take a pulse...but a young one!!

I am waiting until my trip to California before I add more to the wardrobe, but had to invest in a belt for the first time in 20 years! I decided to treat myself by going out to see my brother, Ron and his family. I've not seen Ron since our dad passed away, 4 1/2 years ago, and haven't seen the rest of his family since going to LA for business 6 years ago. His oldest is in college now!!!

Since buying my house 2 years ago, I find myself altering....something! My neighbor built a new (huge) shed so we moved his old one over when the ground was still frozen, and once spring finally arrived, I replaced some boards and painted it. I love having a place to store my ...stuff!

I also removed the wall between the kitchen and living room, and have yet to completely finish it, but plan on doing so one of these rainy weekends.

Well, this is my first blog so I won't get too carried away. I'll post pictures so I hope you come back!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I will be back....often! I'm so excited that you're blogging! YAHOO!!!!
    Eighty-five pounds! Wow! Good for you.
    I'll be eagerly waiting for your next update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY, WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BLOGGING! ! !
    I've found it gets a little hard to fine anything to "blog" (I guess I don't lead a very interesting life, or don't feel it would interest anyone else!)
    Sounds like you're doing GREAT! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete